1) Must be completed in 30 mins - I'm going to rely on your honesty here.
2) Must depict a zoomorphic/anthro/furry/transformed character that contains a hybridized mix of human and animal features.
3) Medium must be photomanipulation (this may be a combination of multiple images blended together, or a result of digital editing/painting/morphing of a stock photo - NOT MIXED MEDIA)
4) ALL stock photos and resources (this means the model, animals, backgrounds) must be from a legitimate source* and they must be credited and/or licensed correctly (I won't accept uncredited entries or entried that use random photos off the Google, etc).
5) You may enter as many times as you like (Note: You cannot win more than one prize, except for the people's choice award)
6) Keep it PG-13 - if it needs a Mature Content flag, I will disqualify it
7) Must be a new piece of work created for this competition
8) Put a link to this journal in your description
* I will accept the following as legitimate sources:
- Resources & Stock section of dA
- 500px, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- flickr, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- Purchased stock from sites like ShutterStock, fotoitalia, 123rf, Dreamstime, etc
- Personal photos (you must state that the photo is your own)
Here are some links if you need help finding legitimate source images, please use the searches below:
DeviantArt - Stock & Resources
Flickr - Attribution, Share-Alike
Flickr - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial
500px - Attribution
500px - Attribution, Share-Alike
500px - Attribution, Non-Commercial
500px - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial
Please link to your entry in the comments below or send me a note
31 August 2016 11:59pm (NZT) (click to convert to your timezone)
I'm going to try to be as objective as possible in my judging (aside from the last judging category). These are the criteria upon which your entry will be judged along with their weighting. I will not be releasing the scores publicly.
- Execution (out of 20) - keep the details crisp and clear. Ensure the lighting is correct. Patterns and markings are aligned with the contours of the body. Edges are well blended.
- Difficulty (out of 10) - reflections, transparency through clothing or showing tufts of fur through lace, integrating the character seamlessly into a background, etc will obviously ramp up the difficulty of a piece.
- Character design (out of 10) - the degree and amount of effort put into the hybridization is important. I'm obviously going to score a kemonomimi (animal ears and tail only) much lower than a well blended character. Likewise, in the other direction, I will not look favourably on a piece that takes whole animal heads, legs, paws/hooves and pastes them right on top of a human body.
- Concept (out of 5) - providing an overall idea for the picture that is unique or interesting will definitely score points
- X-factor (out of 5) - this one is a purely subjective judging criteria where I will award points if I really like your piece or not
1st Place - 200 points
Runner-up - 100 points
People's choice award - 100 points
Important Note: One person cannot win more than one prize (except the people's choice award).
Want to join in but don't know where to start?
I had a go at the 30 minute challenge myself. You can see the result here:
I recorded the whole process, so I recommend you watch the video clip. I've uploaded two versions:
I've also got a short guide here: My guide to making photomanipulations V2.0
Also check out some other tutorials by others:
pythos-cheetah Part 1, Part 2, Part 2.5, Part 3, Part 4
Toledo-the-Horse Photomanip Video Tutorial 2015!
Coding by SimplySilent