I'm hosting a contest with over 4000 points worth of prizes up for grabs following the success of my first contest.
1) Must depict a zoomorphic/anthro/furry character that contains a hybridized mix of human and animal features
2) Must be a female subject
3) Medium must be photomanipulation (this may be a combination of multiple images blended together, or a result of digital editing/painting/morphing of a stock photo)
4) ALL stock photos and resources (this means the model, animals, backgrounds) must be from a legitimate source* and they must be credited and/or licensed correctly (I won't accept uncredited entries or random photos off the Google, etc).
5) You may enter as many times as you like (Note: You cannot win more than one prize, except for the people's choice award)
6) Keep it PG-13 - if it needs a Mature Content flag, I will disqualify it
7) Must be a new piece of work created for this competition
8) Put a link to this journal in your description
9) Add this journal to your favourites
* I will accept the following as legitimate sources:
- Resources & Stock section of dA
- 500px, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- flickr, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- Purchased stock from sites like ShutterStock, fotoitalia, 123rf, Dreamstime, etc
- Personal photos (you must state that the photo is your own)
Here are some links if you need help finding legitimate source images, please use the searches below:
DeviantArt - Stock & Resources
Flickr - Attribution, Share-Alike
Flickr - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial
500px - Attribution
500px - Attribution, Share-Alike
500px - Attribution, Non-Commercial
500px - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial
Please link to your entry in the comments below or send me a note
30 November 2015 11:59pm (NZT) (click to convert to your timezone)
I'm going to try to be as objective as possible in my judging (aside from the last judging category). These are the criteria upon which your entry will be judged along with their weighting. I will not be releasing the scores publicly.
- Execution (out of 20) - keep the details crisp and clear. Ensure the lighting is correct. Patterns and markings are aligned with the contours of the body. Edges are well blended.
- Difficulty (out of 10) - reflections, transparency through clothing or showing tufts of fur through lace, integrating the character seamlessly into a background, etc will obviously ramp up the difficulty of a piece.
- Character design (out of 10) - the degree and amount of effort put into the hybridization is important. I'm obviously going to score a kemonomimi (animal ears and tail only) much lower than a well blended character. Likewise, in the other direction, I will not look favourably on a piece that takes whole animal heads, legs, paws/hooves and pastes them right on top of a human body.
- Concept (out of 5) - providing an overall idea for the picture that is unique or interesting will definitely score points
- X-factor (out of 5) - this one is a purely subjective judging criteria where I will award points if I really like your piece or not
1st Place - 1 year premium membership or 2396 points
2nd Place - 3 month premium membership or 636 points
3rd Place - 1 month premium membership or 396 points
Honourable mention(s) - 100 points
People's choice award - 1 month premium membership or 396 points
Important Note: One person cannot win more than one prize (except the people's choice award).
Anthro or anthropomorphic isn't strictly correct when considering the origins of the words. Anthropomorphism means that a non-human entity has human-like qualities. When dealing with photomorphs, usually the base is a human and you give them animal qualities, hence the difference between anthropomorphic and zoomorphic! I suppose furry could apply to either as it has no implication that start point was either animal or human. To the layman, everything just falls under the anthro umbrella anyway!
Want to join in but don't know where to start?
I've got a short guide here: My guide to making photomanipulations V2.0
Also check out some other tutorials by others:
pythos-cheetah Part 1, Part 2, Part 2.5, Part 3, Part 4
Toledo-the-Horse Photomanip Video Tutorial 2015!
If you like my contest idea and would like to donate points, or features, llamas etc, please send me a note or comment below!
Coding by SimplySilent